Busy, busy

It's been a while.

We got our sauna stove, stones, and chimney flue from Finland, in an enormous crate. There was much excitement! 
My folks also sent some of my old things. I showed the kids some old photos.
"You used to have such nice clothes, and now you're just a fashion disaster! What happened, mama?" was the verdict. Ah, children. Delightful creatures. 

We manage to do a night of camping. It was little lady's first time in a tent, and I think she liked it. R slept the night through for the first time in three years, so I actually felt quite rested. And I did have the cutest little hot water bottle in my sleeping bag.

We started yet another baby-led weaning journey. When A was 6 months, I bought the book, read it, cooked the recipes and did everything "perfectly". R told us he was ready about two days "early" by stealing salmon off my plate. He continued to enjoy eating mostly food shared with me for a long time. Somehow stuff on my plate was just better than the exactly same thing on his own.
And then there is our poor fourth child, who had to harvest her own onions to get fed...

I'm surprised I'm not dreaming off onions. I've harvested one bed, and dehydrated them, frozen them, fried them, eaten them raw... I would imagine the smell in the house would knock out an unsuspecting visitor. Luckily those don't come around these days.

One of our chicks sadly died last week. We're not sure why, as it was very sudden. But the rest of them have grown up to be big and healthy. Today they moved out into the orchard, and had a lovely afternoon getting to know everyone. They met their moms for the first time, without any major fights. The kids were acting as chicken police, in case of any trouble brewing. 

There has been raised bed building, goat moving, planting, harvesting, building and tidying the garden. By the end of the day I'm so tired and achy, my exercise routine consists of a half-hearted sun salutation followed by a stretch to reach the chocolate in the top cupboard. Then I fall into bed, turn on a program and promptly fall asleep.
But at least I'm not bored...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most expensive free eggs ever

This is us