Fight club

So, we all know the rules. 
But if you happened to be an innocent bystander, whose property Fight Club was happening on, could you write about it? Asking for a friend...

The kids asked for pancakes, so I whipped up a batter and baked them a batch for supper. They ate, and headed off to play. I went to bring the rest of the pancakes to Hubby, who was just outside tiling.

And that's when I stumbled upon the dark underbelly of my home. Two small figures were standing in the yard, their tops off, mid-battle. To protect the identities of these characters, let's call them Fighter 3 and Fighter 6. The numbers may or may not indicate a skill level, or perhaps age. 

They were facing each other, taking turns in slapping each other on the bare belly.
"Be careful you don't hurt each other for real." I said in passing. 
"Well, we are playing a fighting game..." said Fighter 6, clearly indicating my input was not appreciated. Fighter 3 was preparing for his next combo, and ignored me completely. 

When I came back, F3 was on a beanbag after an epic leap, being repeatedly farted on by F6.
At that point I decided to save myself and the poor innocent baby, and move away from the scene. Next time I checked, the club had disbanded, and my children were playing happily. 

So, a few questions.
Is it still peaceful parenting, if you peacefully leave your kids to fight?
And is there really anything quite as entertaining as a pancake-fuelled miniature Brad Pitt giving it his all?

If this is my last post, we all know what happened to me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most expensive free eggs ever

Busy, busy

This is us